Summer Volunteer Information
1. All faculty members must be dedicated, immersed (baptized) believers in the Lord and be devoted to New Testament Christianity.
2. A faculty member who teaches or preaches must hold to Restoration church beliefs in the area they are speaking or teaching about.
3. All faculty members are expected to give their best to the Lord while serving Him at High Hill Christian Camp and set forth a Christian example that is above reproach.
Areas that you might be asked to serve vary, but in general are as follows:
1. DORM/CABIN SUPERVISOR - you along with at least one other adult will be in charge of about 10 campers in a dorm/cabin. Responsibilities would include making sure camper behavior in cabins is appropriate, supervising the campers during rest time and after lights out, daily clean up of your room and bathrooms, and enforcing camp rules among your cabin campers.
2. FAMILY GROUP LEADER - you along with at least one other adult would have between 8-20 kids in a family group. Responsibilities include getting to know and love the campers assigned to your group, praying for the campers in your group, lead all scheduled family times and be present any time your family group is assembled, you will be required to be familiar with all camp policies on baptism, discipline, emergency procedures, and general camp rules. You will also have some specific responsibilities as given to you by the dean.
3. GENERAL ASSISTANCE - things that fall under this category are helping with recreation, having eyes on campers during free times, keeping the campgrounds clean (and encouraging campers to clean up), being present at all morning meetings, chapels, and worship times.
Adults (anyone over 18) who wish to apply to be a volunteer at High Hill this summer must complete a Volunteer Staff Form and consent to a background check in order to be considered for volunteer staff at High Hill. For 2017 there will be no fee for volunteers, however, it is likely a small fee will be instituted in future camp seasons to cover the costs associated with performing background checks.
If you are under 18, must complete a STUDENT Volunteer Staff Form. In order to serve in a camp program, you must be at least 2 grades removed from the oldest campers attending. For example, to serve at a Jr High week (grades 6-8), you must be entering 10th grade or higher. If you are over 18 or will be 18 before June 1st, you will need to fill out an Adult Volunteer Staff form.
If you are selected to serve as a volunteer at camp, the dean for that session will contact you.
Please click the following link to download the Volunteer Handbook .pdf and read through it before coming to camp.
You can also download a copy of our Statement of Beliefs and Code of Conduct - both of which you must agree and adhere to in order to be a volunteer at High Hill.