Summer Volunteer Information
First, thank you for considering to help out at camp this summer. Whether you’re a parent, a church volunteer, or a sponsor for your church, you’re needed. Please be aware that you will need to contact the dean of the session before being able to complete an application. Our deans are ultimately in charge of determining the amount of volunteers needed for the session and acceptance will be based on his/her needs.
Please use the following to contact the dean for the session(s) at which you are desiring to serve:
Day Camp || Kellee Gentry || email@example.com
First Chance Camp || Kaylan Flanagin || firstname.lastname@example.org
Kick Start Camp || Manda Miller || email@example.com
Camp 23 || Rochelle Gerdts || firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp 45-1 || Rachel Borcherding || email@example.com
Camp 45-2 || Christin Merz || firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior High 1 || Jeremy Keeler || email@example.com
Junior High 2 || Ben Harris || firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Camp || Jeremiah Howze || email@example.com
Wilderness Camps || Lori Hancock || firstname.lastname@example.org
SOME THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING
1. All faculty members must be dedicated, immersed (baptized) believers in the Lord and be devoted to New Testament Christianity.
2. A faculty member who teaches or preaches must hold to Restoration church beliefs in the area they are speaking or teaching about.
3. All faculty members are expected to give their best to the Lord while serving Him at High Hill Christian Camp and set forth a Christian example that is above reproach.
Areas that you might be asked to serve vary, but in general are as follows:
1. DORM/CABIN SUPERVISOR – you along with at least one other adult will be in charge of about 10 campers in a dorm/cabin. Responsibilities would include making sure camper behavior in cabins is appropriate, supervising the campers during rest time and after lights out, daily clean up of your room and bathrooms, and enforcing camp rules among your cabin campers.
2. FAMILY GROUP LEADER – you along with at least one other adult would have between 8-20 kids in a family group. Responsibilities include getting to know and love the campers assigned to your group, praying for the campers in your group, lead all scheduled family times and be present any time your family group is assembled, you will be required to be familiar with all camp policies on baptism, discipline, emergency procedures, and general camp rules. You will also have some specific responsibilities as given to you by the dean.
3. GENERAL ASSISTANCE – things that fall under this category are helping with recreation, having eyes on campers during free times, keeping the campgrounds clean (and encouraging campers to clean up), being present at all morning meetings, chapels, and worship times.
Adults (anyone over 18) who wish to apply to be a volunteer at High Hill this summer must complete a Volunteer Staff Form and consent to a background check in order to be considered for volunteer staff at High Hill. There is a $10 fee for adult volunteers to cover your background check – but you also will receive a free t-shirt! Check with your church before submitting the form – many of our churches have a volunteer code that they use to pay your fee for you.
If you are under 18, must complete a STUDENT Volunteer Staff Form. All students must complete this form in order to be considered for volunteer staff at High Hill. In order to serve in our KS, 23, or 45 camp programs, you must be entering 9th grade or above, To serve at a Junior High session, you must be entering 10th or above. If you are over 18 or will be 18 before June 1st, you will need to fill out an Adult Volunteer Staff form.
If you are selected to serve as a volunteer at camp, the dean for
that session will contact you.
Please click the following link to download the Volunteer Handbook .pdf and read through it before coming to camp. You can also download a copy of our Statement of Beliefs and Code of Conduct – both of which you must agree and adhere to in order to be a volunteer at High Hill.